Runner Spotlight - June 2022
Meet Sidney Long, or just “Sid”. Sid started running with Run Muskegon in the fall of 2018 though she lived between Chicago, Muskegon, and Fremont for the last few years. This year she’s excited for her first ever summer as a full-time Muskegon resident!! Sid grew up in St. Joseph, Illinois (just east of Champaign-Urbana). She went to school at the University of Illinois and afterward, moved to Michigan to work full-time at an overnight summer camp.
These days Sid works as a Training Coordinator for Chaco Sandals. When she’s not working or running, she mostly spends her time with her dog, Mira, and her partner Rory (also a member of Run Muskegon).
As a part of our Runner Spotlight, we also asked Sid to answer a few fun questions:
1. How long have you been running?
I’ve been running since I was 10 so ALMOST, but not quite 20 years.
2. Do you race? If so, what is your most memorable race experience?
Ironman Chattanooga! It was as difficult as I imagined it would be, but it was so much fun!!
3. Ever run in a costume? If so, what?
4. Only running shoes for me are…
Whichever feel the best.
5. What is your worst running-related injury?
I got a stress fracture on the tops of both feet in high school. Remember to change your shoes after 400 miles!!
6. Hot or cold weather runner?
I have always said hot, but after River Bank Run this year I may have to change my answer!
7. What is your motivation for running?
Competition! With myself and with others.
8. If I didn't run I....
Would have so much more free time.
9. I can't run without…
My Garmin watch
10. What's the farthest you have run at one time?
Leave a Reply.