Meet Kaitlin Bundt! Kaitlin was born and raised in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania (Go Steelers). She went to college in Ohio where she met her husband. After they got married they decided to raise their kids in Matt’s hometown and have been in the Muskegon area for the last two years. Kaitlin currently works as a social worker, focusing in infancy and early childhood at a local non-profit. She has two kiddos, Amelia (7) and Jackson (3).
As a part of our Runner Spotlight, we also asked Kaitlin to answer a few fun questions:
1. How long have you been running?
I started running three years ago right after my 30th birthday! I made a New Year’s resolution to run a 5k that has spiraled into six half marathons and one full marathon.
2. Do you race? If so, what is your most memorable race experience?
My most memorable race was Bayshore in Traverse City! It was beautiful and tons of peeps from Run Muskegon were there.
3. Ever run in a costume? If so, what?
I have never run in costume but wouldn’t be opposed
4. Only running shoes for me are...
I will try any running shoe! I’m currently wearing Hoka’s.
5. What is your worst running-related injury?
I collided with my chocolate lab and suffered a major ankle sprain! I couldn’t run for six weeks!
6. Hot or cold weather runner?
Cold weather 100%!
7. What is your motivation for running?
My motivation for running is my health and to be a good influence for my kiddos.
8. If I didn't run I....
If I didn’t run I would probably be a nervous wreck
9. I can't run without...
I can’t run without music! I need naughty rap music to keep me going.
10. What's the farthest you have run at one time?